What is #GivingTuesday?
#GivingTuesday is a global movement that falls on Tuesday, November 27, 2018. #GivingTuesday means anyone, anywhere can get involved and give back in a way that’s meaningful to them. Everyone has something to give. You can give time or expertise, monetary donations large or small, simple acts of kindness, food or clothing.
Here are some examples of ways individuals can give back on #GivingTuesday:
- Volunteer: Volunteer for a charity or organise a larger team volunteer event with friends.
- Collaborate: Partner with local organisations to give a donation (money, food or clothing) to nonprofits.
- Give more: #GivingTuesday is so much more than one day in November. Pledge to do more the following year.
- I volunteered at the Oxfam charity shop in Manchester for 5 months where I was a clothing and Accessories volunteer . I sorted and priced donated goods, identified value fashionable and saleable goods from donated stock and re-stocked women’s clothing.
- I currently volunteer for The ONE Campaign as a Youth Ambassador and ONE leader by writing to and meeting political representatives, using social media to raise awareness and create change regarding womens empowerment #PovertyisSexist.
- I currently volunteer (remotely) for Lemonade Day (an NGO focused on promoting youth development) as a Grant writer by undertaking prospective grant resarch, writing and indentification.
ONE Campaign –https://www.one.org/africa/
Lemonade Day –https://lemonadeday.org/
What are you doing this #GivingTuesday?