I have often heard people say “I’m a social media influencer” or “As an influencer….”
Not once have we talked about influential people.
I’m sure you’re thinking “What is the difference?”
I stumbled upon a podcast from the Charlie Rocket Show. This is the difference:
- Influencers want to be followed because they are perfect, wealthy.
- Influential people are relatable, neither are they trying to be perfect.
- We should strive to be extraordinary but also we should learn to be authentic and tell the truth.
- People appreciate honesty because you are relatable.
- “I am you theory” – stop trying to show how different you are to everyone else, do amazing things but be honest.
Charlie Rocket Show Podcast: https://podtail.com/en/podcast/charlie-rocket-show/ep-032-influencers-vs-influential-people/
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author.