In this #socialdistancing period, some of us have been “telecommuting” or WFH (working from home). Now this could be great for some and a distraction for others. I personally love WFH to an extent, I don’t have to wake up early to take a 45 minute train ride to work, nor do i have to pack my lunch or get ready for work. On the flip side, WFH full time / indefinitely is not easy. Here are some tips when telecommuting:
- Wake up early: Now, you might have an extra hour of sleep but depending on when you have to start work one needs to get up early as if they were going to work. Create a bedtime schedule – when you would sleep and wake up at the same time everyday.
- Workout: I found out that i get up feeling tired; therefore i decided to start doing 20 minute work out everyday in my apartment with no equipment. I honestly feel energized and ready for the day!
- Do not buy junk food: I personally don’t buy any junk food; that way when I’m hungry i don’t look for chocolate or any processed food. Instead i make sure i have a variety of fruits in the fridge to nibble on.
- Get Dressed: This does not personally work for me but i know that some people will not be motivated to work without at least doing their hair or putting on some work clothes. I prefer to lounge in whatever makes me comfortable.
- There is no need to work 8 hours straight: Even when in the office, you do not work for 8 hours straight without a short break or a quick chat with a colleague. Therefore it’s easier to take a quick break to walk around your apartment or call a friend to check up on them.
I hope you find these tips helpful!
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author.